Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, light chicken kobumaki for osechi. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Light Chicken Kobumaki For Osechi is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Light Chicken Kobumaki For Osechi is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have light chicken kobumaki for osechi using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Light Chicken Kobumaki For Osechi:
- Prepare 1 Chicken breast
- Make ready 1 . (Freeze before using, if possible)
- Take 2 sheets Kombu (thick type)
- Take 20 grams Kanpyo
- Make ready [Dashi stock]
- Take 1 enough to cover the rolls Kombu based dashi stock
- Make ready 2 tbsp Sake
- Make ready 1 1/2 tbsp ◇ White soy sauce or usukuchi soy sauce
- Take 1 pinch ◇ Salt
- Get 2 tbsp ◇ Sugar
Steps to make Light Chicken Kobumaki For Osechi:
- Choose sturdy kombu and kanpyo, not the “quick cooking” type.
- Soak the kombu in water for about 10 minutes to soften (don’t soak it for too long.) Cut into 12 cm lengths.
- Massage the kanpyo with salt, soak in water, and take it out as soon as it’s become flexible. Cut into 26 cm lengths. If the strips are thick like the one in the photo, cut into half lengthwise.
- Take the skin off the chicken and cut into 1 cm wide strips (the chicken is easier to cut and to roll if half-frozen).
- Place a piece of kombu with the 12 cm side positioned vertically. Put a strip of chicken in the center and roll it up rather loosely (since the kombu will plump up while cooking).
- This is how the rolls look.
- Tie the rolls up so that each piece will be about 4 to 5 cm long when cut, tie the long rolls in two places. Wrap the kanpyo loosely twice around the roll and tie it up.
- This is double the amount of this recipe. Roll and tie it all up like this.
- Line the kombu rolls in a pot, and add the sake and enough of the soaking liquid from the kombu to cover. Simmer until the kombu is tender. If you skim off any scum or bits of kombu that float to the surface diligently, the rolls will have a nice clean finish.
- The simmering liquid should just be covering the rolls when the kombu is tender.
- When the konbu is tender, add the ◇ flavoring ingredients, and simmer until there’s no liquid left in the pan. Leave to cool, cut into 4 to 5 cm length pieces, and it’s done!
- I rolled burdock root in my kobumaki for the Osechi I made in 2012.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food light chicken kobumaki for osechi recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com