Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, student meal: japanese chicken chop rice (katsu don). One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Student Meal: Japanese Chicken Chop Rice (Katsu Don) is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Student Meal: Japanese Chicken Chop Rice (Katsu Don) is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
Golden fried chicken katsu served with savory dashi sauce and eggs over rice. Chicken Katsudon is also a favorite, especially with the children. It’s a popular lunch dish in Don’t want to miss a recipe?
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook student meal: japanese chicken chop rice (katsu don) using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Student Meal: Japanese Chicken Chop Rice (Katsu Don):
- Take Chicken Thigh
- Prepare Cooked Rice
- Take Cooking Oil (shallow frying)
- Make ready Panko breadcrumbs
- Take Marinade (mix in a bowl);
- Get Egg
- Take Corn Flour
- Get Salt (1 or 2 pinch)
- Get Sauce
- Take Water
- Make ready Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- Take Dashi (1 pinch)
- Make ready Onions (slice or chopped)
- Take Spring Onions (chopped finely, garnish)
- Take Optional;
- Take Vinegar
- Make ready Sugar
Katsu-don is a very filling main dish. A bowl of rice topped with tonkatsu, onion and beaten egg I occasionally make katsu-don with chicken katsuretsu but I have not heard of katsu-don with Apart from being a tasty dish, I think that the low price for the volume of meal you get must attract people. Make chicken katsu curry from scratch with japancentre.com’s katsu curry recipe. A hearty, mildly spicy main meal best served with rice.
Instructions to make Student Meal: Japanese Chicken Chop Rice (Katsu Don):
- CHICKEN; Marinate the chicken with the egg, flour, salt and pepper for 30 minutes minimum. Prepare 1 cup of cooking oil on medium heat for shallow frying. When ready, coat the chicken in Panko and fry it 2-3minutes each side or until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- SAUCE; In a saucepan, add water, soy sauce, dashi, (vinegar and sugar if you want), as well as onions. Bring it to a boil, then cover with a lid and cook for 1 minute.
- ASSEMBLY; Next, lay the chicken flat on top of the onions and pour in the egg. Cover with a lid and cook for 10 seconds. Turn off the heat. Prepare a bowl of rice and lay the chicken and the sauce on top of the rice to serve. Garnish with spring onions.
Japanese Oyako Don (Chicken & Egg on Rice). The mighty Katsu Don; traditionally made with pork, it is a custom for students in Japan to eat Katsu Don the night before a big exam because Katsu also translates as. Today’s recipe, Chicken Katsu Don, might “look” time-consuming but it’s actually not. It’s perfect for a busy day. It’s a pretty balanced meal that is quite filling because of donburi (rice bowl) style.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food student meal: japanese chicken chop rice (katsu don) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com