Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, butternut squash baked kibbeh – lebanese meatless kibbeh (step by step photos). One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Butternut squash baked Kibbeh – Lebanese meatless kibbeh (step by step photos) is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Butternut squash baked Kibbeh – Lebanese meatless kibbeh (step by step photos) is something that I have loved my whole life.
Authentic Middle Eastern kibbeh recipe with step-by-step tutorial. If you had a hard time pronouncing my Awwameh or hareeseh post titles I thought I would add another middle eastern dish to you list of yummy yet tricky to say dishes. Baked Kibbeh is a quintessential Lebanese recipe that is popular throughout the Middle East – made with beef, cracked wheat, onion and spices.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have butternut squash baked kibbeh – lebanese meatless kibbeh (step by step photos) using 29 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Butternut squash baked Kibbeh – Lebanese meatless kibbeh (step by step photos):
- Make ready 📌I know it looks like a lot of ingredients, but I’ve duplicated the spices since you need different amounts for the dough and the filling so dont be scared 📌
- Get Kibbeh dough ingredients
- Take butternut squash/pumpkin
- Take fine bulgur wheat (Not the coarse one), soaked in water for 5 min and rinsed
- Prepare flour
- Prepare Spices for the kibbeh dough
- Prepare cumin
- Take cinnamon powder
- Prepare allspice
- Get coriander powder
- Get nutmeg powder
- Prepare salt and black pepper
- Prepare Filling
- Prepare spinach, chopped
- Make ready medium onion, chopped
- Take cooked chickpeas
- Prepare chopped walnuts
- Make ready lemon juice
- Make ready pomegranate molasses (optional)
- Get olive oil
- Prepare Spices for the filling
- Make ready sumac
- Take cumin
- Make ready coriander powder
- Get allspice
- Get salt and black pepper
- Make ready Topping
- Make ready shredded almond or pine nut
- Make ready olive oil
I think I just really like a lot of different foods. Kibbeh is a traditional Lebanese recipe which combines mince and ground meat with the perfect combination of nuts and spices. Find baked kibbeh stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Kibbeh, the national dish of Lebanon, is a ground lamb dish that goes perfectly with chickpea salad or tabbouleh.
Instructions to make Butternut squash baked Kibbeh – Lebanese meatless kibbeh (step by step photos):
- Peel and cut the butternut squash into medium slices. Move to a pot, cover with water and boil for 15 minutes. Once soft, drain and mash until smooth
- Add the rinsed fine bulgur with the flour and spices to the squash and mix everything together very well.
- Put the mixture in the fridge, preheat the oven to 200 degrees, then start preparing the filling.
- In a pan, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and start frying the chopped onion until soft. Then add half of the chopped spinach to the onion, mix for 2 minutes then add the second half.
- Add the cup of cooked chickpeas with lemon juice and pomegranate molasses. Mix for 3 minutes. Then add the sumac, shredded walnuts and the rest of the spices. Mix for 2 more minutes.
- Remove the dough from the fridge. Lightly grease a rectangular baking dish with olive oil, and spread half of the dough with your hand over the base of the dish.
- Evenly spread the spinach filling on top, then cover with the other half of the kibbeh dough to make the final layer.
- With a knife, make diagonal lines to create diamond shapes. With a brush spread a bit of olive oil on top and place the nuts on each slice. Then put the tray in the oven and cook for 30 minutes until gold brownish. Pop it under the grill for 3-4 minutes for a golden crispy top layer.
- Serve with natural/greek yogurt or salad on the side (check my fattoush salad recipe. Goes perfectly with it! https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/12464040)
Baked or fried kibbeh make for a great appetizer or main dish. Try them with Lebanese cabbage salad, chickpea salad, creamed lentils, hamud (Syrian mint. Download Baked kibbeh stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. A step by step guide to how to make, shape and fry kibbeh like a pro. Kibbeh in all its forms, raw, fried, broiled, stuffed, baked, and vegetarian is a defining dish for the Lebanese and Syrian cuisines.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food butternut squash baked kibbeh – lebanese meatless kibbeh (step by step photos) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com