Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, lasagna casserole. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Lasagna Casserole is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Lasagna Casserole is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Convenient same-day delivery when you want it. Get your favorite food & products delivered in the same day. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook lasagna casserole using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Lasagna Casserole:
- Get 16 oz uncooked pasta, shape is your choice. I use elbow mac, rotini, or penne. If you can find mini lasagna noodles go for it, bow tie works good too
- Get 2 cups or so Mozzarella cheese for topping
- Prepare Sauce
- Make ready 2 lbs ground meat, personally we like 1/2 beef and 1/2 venison. You could use pork, turkey, sausage, whatever
- Get 1-2 tbsp olive oil, if your meat lacks fat
- Make ready 1/2 large onion, diced
- Make ready 3-4 cloves minced garlic
- Get to taste Salt and pepper
- Make ready 1 tbsp dried basil, oregano, and parsley
- Prepare 44 oz jar of pasta sauce, and a little water to rinse out the jar
- Prepare 6 oz can of tomato paste (optional for more intense tomato flavor)
- Get 1 tbsp cooking sherry
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp red wine vinegar (cuts the sweetness)
- Take Pinch sugar to bring flavors together
- Make ready Cheese filling layer
- Prepare 24 oz cottage cheese or ricotta (full fat tastes best)
- Prepare 2 eggs
- Prepare 2 tbsp parsley
- Make ready 1/2 tsp pepper (use slightly more if coarse ground)
- Take 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Make ready 8 oz shredded Mozzarella cheese
You will love lasagna style pasta bake. Freeze this easy lasagna bake for a quick. This Lasagna Casserole post is sponsored by the Iowa Pork Producers Association. All text and opinions are my own.
Instructions to make Lasagna Casserole:
- Bring large pot of water to boil, salt water and cook noodles to al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Brown meat, and as meat is getting close to done add in onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until onions are getting translucent, and add herbs (oregano, parsley, and basil). Then add pasta sauce and tomato paste if using. Stir well together, add the vinegar and sherry. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, add the sugar, then let simmer together for an hour. Watch bottom of pan that it doesn’t scorch.
- Heat oven to 375. Put your cheese and two eggs into a bowl, beat together until smooth (important for if you use cottage cheese instead of ricotta, helps smooth out out. Cottage cheese also spreads easier during assembly). Stir in pepper, parsley, and parmesan. Finally mix in Mozzarella cheese.
- Once all your components are assembled, spray a 11×16 casserole pan with cooking spray. You will assemble starting with 1/3 of the noodles, 1/3 of the sauce, and 1/2 of cheese mixture. Repeat the layers, and end with last third of noodles topped with sauce. Finally spread 2 cups of Mozzarella cheese over top of the casserole.
- Cover with foil, bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes, if you want the cheese on top browned and slightly more crispy put under the broiler for a hot minute. Allow to cool for 10 minutes to set up before dishing up. Feed to hungry children and husband!
I love a good, hearty casserole for dinner like this Cheesy Ham Casserole, Meatball Sub Casserole or Poppy Seed Chicken so good! There’s something about it that brings me back to childhood. Cook meat – season to taste, drain and add spaghetti sauce to meat. This easy lasagna pasta bake has all the same elements of a classic lasagna – meat sauce, cheese sauce and penne pasta plus more cheese of course, but the process is so easy! Everything is combined in a casserole dish (no layering) and this lasagna recipe bakes way faster!
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food lasagna casserole recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com