Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, homemade shepherds pie. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Here’s a quick, throw together recipe for shepherd’s pie. Browned meat smothered in rich mashed potatoes with your favorite vegetables. A quick and easy dinner to make for your family.
Homemade Shepherds Pie is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Homemade Shepherds Pie is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook homemade shepherds pie using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Shepherds Pie:
- Get 1 onion
- Get 2.25 lbs hamburger
- Prepare 3-4 large potatoes
- Get 2 cans whole kernel corn
- Make ready 1 package cream cheese
- Get 1 half cup of milk
- Prepare 1 13×9 cake aluminum cake tin
- Get 2 cups shredded four cheese, cheese
Shepherd’s Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Aka Homemade Shepherd’s Pie with ground beef. One that’s simple and affordable and delicious. It is the best ️ Feel free to use ground lamb in place of the beef for a more authentic version!
Instructions to make Homemade Shepherds Pie:
- Peel the potatoes so there’s no skin. Then cut them into medium cubes.
- Take an onion and chop it into tiny pieces.
- Cook the 2.25 lbs of hamburger with the chopped onions in the hamburger as you’re browning it. Takes about 7 minutes to brown the meat with the tiny pieces of onion for flavor.
- While you’re browning the hamburger and onions, boil the cubes of the potatoes on another burner to save time. Boil until you take a piece of potato out and take a fork and see if it mashes easily with the fork. Takes about 10 minutes to make the potatoes soft enough to mash with a fork
- After the meat is browned. Spread the hamburger at the bottom of the aluminum tin to make the bottom layer.
- Then strain the potatoes out of the pot. Then put the potatoes from the strainer into the pot you just used. Then put in the pot the 1/2 cup of milk and take a fork and mash the potatoes. Keep mashing with the fork and stirring the potatoes. When they’re all mashed if it’s not the consistency you want if you want it more watery then add more milk.
- After the potatoes are the right consistency, add the cream cheese not all at once but in bits and taste while you’re adding to get the flavor of the potatoes that you want.
- Take the 2 cans of corn and make a layer of corn over the hamburger in the cake tin.
- Take the potatoes that taste the way you want and spread it on top of the corn. To make a layer that doesn’t mix with the corn, pour the potatoes in clumps all over the corn and then carefully spread the potatoes to make the top layer.
- Take the 2 cups of shredded cheese and layer the top of the potatoes.
- Take the tin with the shepherds pie and put it in the oven at 325° for 20 minutes or longer if you want the potatoes browner.
- Then eat and enjoy. Great meal that doesn’t take too long!!
Lamb tends to be more fatty, so drain it after browning if you prefer less fat. These shepherd’s pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd’s pies). You can’t go wrong with any of these savory one-pot comfort-food casseroles, complete meals that also feature veggies, a savory gravy, and a mashed potato (or a surprise. Shepherd’s pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food homemade shepherds pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com