Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, cabbage outer leaves & seafood okonomiyaki. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Cabbage Outer Leaves & Seafood Okonomiyaki is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Cabbage Outer Leaves & Seafood Okonomiyaki is something which I have loved my whole life.
The cabbage leaves you tear off prior to reaching this state, will be the ones used for this recipe. The outer-most leaves often do not look good. When an outer leaf (or part of it) looks yellowed and blemished like pictured above, they should be discarded.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have cabbage outer leaves & seafood okonomiyaki using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Cabbage Outer Leaves & Seafood Okonomiyaki:
- Make ready *Note: This is only a guide. You can use as much cabbage leaves as you want, and increase the amount of other ingredients accordingly. If you add more Flour, you need more Egg or Water
- Take 100 gCabbage Outer Leaves
- Get Salt & Pepper
- Get 100 g Raw Prawns *OR Small Scallops or Squid, that can be cooked quickly
- Get 1/4 cup Edamame
- Make ready 1/4 cup Cork Kernels
- Take 1/4 cup Self Raising Flour
- Get 1 Egg
In this recipe, you will need a round (Beijing) cabbage with some dark green outer leaves still intact. In this recipe, only the outer leaves (the part usually discarded) are used, though the same recipe will work with regular cabbage leaves. Refer to the pictures at the previous page, on how to pick out the outer leaves for this recipe. I’ve had to remove some of the outer leaves of the cabbage that is growing in my garden because they’re shading out something else.
Instructions to make Cabbage Outer Leaves & Seafood Okonomiyaki:
- Wash the outer leaves well, and tear into small pieces to that they will fit in the saucepan. Cook the leaves in the boiling water for 5-10 minutes, and drain. Cool with cold water, and drain well.
- Finely slice the cabbage leaves and place into a bowl. Lightly season with Salt & Pepper.
- Cut Prawns (or other seafood) into 1cm pieces. Add the Prawns, Edamame and Corn to the cabbage. Sprinkle Self Raising Flour over and mix well, then add Egg and combine.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan, spoon the cabbage mixture to form pancakes. When the edge of the pancake has set, flip the pancakes over, and cook for 2 or 3 minutes or until the batter and prawns are cooked. You may turn the pancakes over a few times while cooking.
- Enjoy with the sauce of your choice. I dressed them with ‘Okonomiyaki’ Sauce and Japanese Mayonnaise, and sprinkled with finely chopped Parsley.
Lots of the cabbage plants are heading up and there’s one or two that might be ready to cut in a couple of weeks. The first step is to remove the tough outer leaves of the cabbage; then rinse and core the cabbage. Pat it dry and place the head in a zip-top plastic bag and freeze. (If you have more than one head of cabbage, place each in a separate zip-top bag.) When ready to use, defrost the cabbage and the leaves will peel off easily. I eat the outer leaves, the ones with a bit of dark greenness about them. By the time I get to the lighter inner bit the cabbage is past its best so gets thrown away.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food cabbage outer leaves & seafood okonomiyaki recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com