Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, instant pot lentil spinach curry. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Instant Pot Lentil Spinach Curry is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Instant Pot Lentil Spinach Curry is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Once done, open the lid using quick release. Stir the lentils and if the mixture is thick, add some water and let it simmer for a minute. Mash the lentils using a spoon to get a smooth consistency.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook instant pot lentil spinach curry using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Instant Pot Lentil Spinach Curry:
- Make ready Moong dal (yellow lentil)
- Prepare Baby Spinach
- Prepare Olive oil
- Make ready Butter
- Get Onion chopped
- Take Tomato finely diced(optional)
- Prepare Minced ginger garlic
- Get Water
- Take Turmeric
- Make ready Salt
- Prepare Mustard Seeds
- Take Cumin seeds
- Take Garam Masala
- Take Black pepper powder
- Make ready Asafoetida/Hing(Optional)
- Make ready Chopped Cilantro
The lentils I used for making today’s spinach daal in Instant Pot are the ‘split and skinned green gram’. These are small yellow lentils that cook super fast. Yellow pigeon peas or split red lentils would be my other two favorite lentils to make this daal. As always, you will find the full ingredients list with measurements and detailed recipe instructions in a separate recipe box underneath the text section.
Steps to make Instant Pot Lentil Spinach Curry:
- Wash the lentils thoroughly and keep them drained.
- Keep the Instant Pot on Sauté mode.Once hot,add oil and butter.Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and when they start spluttering,add the chopped onions and ginger garlic.
- When the onions become soft, add turmeric,salt,hing and black pepper along with 1/4 cup water and cook for another 2 minutes.
- When oil separates from the masala, add the lentils and 2 cups water into the inner pot.
- Close the IP lid and keep the steam release handle to Sealing position.Pressure cook for 4 minutes.
- Once done, open the lid using quick release.Stir the lentils and if the mixture is thick, add some water and let it simmer for a minute.Mash the lentils using a spoon to get a smooth consistency.
- Now add the spinach leaves and diced tomatoes and pressure cook for another 2 minutes and once done,open the lid using quick release.
- Add little water as required if the curry is too thick.
- Sprinkle some garam masala and chopped cilantro.
- Serve the curry hot along with some Rice.
- Check my blog for more recipes. https://cookwithjiya.com
Quick one-pot lentils and spinach curry or the Dal Palak made in Instant Pot with green lentils. A perfect gravy for those busy weekdays! A perfect gravy for those busy weekdays! Check out the delicious no onion no garlic vegan dal palak recipe with the detailed video. This easy to make Instant Pot Coconut Spinach Lentil Curry or you can even call it Instant Pot Vegan Lentil Soup / Spinach Lentil Soup recipe is a healthy Instant Pot Vegan recipe that makes a perfect Meatless Monday Dinner.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food instant pot lentil spinach curry recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com