Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, buttermilk biscuits (southern). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Buttermilk Biscuits (Southern) is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Buttermilk Biscuits (Southern) is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
Get Buttermilk Biscuits, groceries & more delivered to your door. Convenient delivery when you want it. Get groceries, electronics, toys & more delivered.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have buttermilk biscuits (southern) using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Buttermilk Biscuits (Southern):
- Get 3 1/2 cup WHITELILY self rising flour
- Take 1 tbsp white sugar
- Take 1/2 cup butter flavor shortening
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup cold buttermilk
- Prepare 1/2 cup WHITELILY self rising flour for rolling and dusting
- Take 1/2 stick melted butter for brushing
Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Place on a greased baking sheet. This recipe came from my great-great-grandmother, and was handed down to all the women in my family, and we are all Southern. I am the first one to commit the sin of using a food processor (lol) but I find it works very well.
Steps to make Buttermilk Biscuits (Southern):
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Using a bowl cut the shortening into the flour and sugar
- Make a well in the center and add the buttermilk
- Stir the flour and buttermilk together just until combined (use a spatula this mix is very sticky) scraping sides of bowl as you go
- Turn dough onto floured surface, dusting more flour on top and begin to spread out dough. Fold four times
- Roll out dough to one and a 1/4 inch thickness and use a three inch biscuit cutter
- Use small amount of shortening to grease your pan
- Arrange biscuits slightly apart from each other (I used the leftover dough to make a special biscuit)
- Bake 10 minutes and take out of oven to brush with melted butter then bake an additional 4 to 5 minutes till golden brown
- Brush with additional butter right after they come out of the oven they are soooooooo good ENJOY 😍
I would put these biscuits up against anyone’s – they are perfect in every single way. Fluffy Southern Buttermilk Biscuits, served with a rich sausage gravy or topped with eggs, bacon, country ham or jam are a staple in the South. The smell of them baking is only eclipsed by the first heavenly bite. If you gathered any number of Southern cooks together, none of them would make their biscuits exactly the same way. Each cook would have their own favorite techniques and tricks to.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food buttermilk biscuits (southern) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com