Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, shepherd’s pie. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Shepherd’s Pie is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Shepherd’s Pie is something that I have loved my whole life.
.with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to make into leftover dishes for several days. Shepherd’s Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook shepherd’s pie using 17 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd’s Pie:
- Make ready 1 tbsp reduced calorie margarine
- Take 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Make ready 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Prepare 1 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- Get 2 cup cubed, cooked chicken breast
- Take 2 carrots, sliced and blanched
- Prepare 1 cup chopped, cleaned spinach leaves
- Prepare 6 chopped scallions
- Make ready 1/2 cup thawed frozen corn kernels
- Make ready 1/2 cup evaporated skimmed milk
- Prepare 1 tsp dried thyme leaves, crumbled
- Prepare 1/2 tsp ground marjoram
- Get 3 medium russet potatoes, cooked, peeled, and mashed
- Prepare 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Make ready 1/4 tsp paprika
- Take 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Prepare 1/4 cup water
That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese crust.… While Shepherd’s Pie is. The Best Classic Shepherd’s Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Shepherd’s pie is a classic comfort food recipe that’s healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce.
Instructions to make Shepherd’s Pie:
- In a medium nonstick saucepan, melt the margarine. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the flour; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Whisk in the broth, soy sauce and 1/4 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, 3-4 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400°F; spray a 2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken and the remaining tablespoon of flour. Stir in the carrots, spinach, scallions, corn, milk, thyme, marjoram and the sauce. Transfer to the casserole dish. Top with potatoes, spreading to cover the filling completely; sprinkle with the cheese and paprika. Bake until bubbling and the potatoes are golden, 30-35 minutes.
British European Recipes Shepherd’s Pie Recipes Tomato Beans and Legumes Pea Recipes Lamb Recipes Onion Recipes Beef Corn Recipes. This easy Shepherd’s Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. This family friendly shepherd’s pie uses ground beef (instead of the traditional lamb), and your Instant Pot® or multi-cooker pressure cooker to prepare the filling and potatoes. This shepherd’s pie recipe is perfect for using up leftovers; Jamie’s lamb shepherd’s pie has a twist Shepherd’s pie. With crispy bottom, sides & top. “With crispy potato all the way round and gorgeous.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food shepherd’s pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com